- All ranks shall show proper respect for senior ranks.
- There shall be no uncontrolled talking or joking in the studio area by students.
- Students shall show a spirit of dignity and respect during class and on the school grounds.
- Bowing is a ritual sign of respect. We bow at the beginning and ending martial arts activities; drill, sparring, class. We stand at attention and bow as a sign of respect whenever a Professor rank enters the room. this is 4th Dan and above.
- There shall be no horseplay.
- All shall observe good hygiene.
- We keep our fingernails and toenails cut short to avoid cutting or breaking of skin during drills or matching.
- We do not wear jewelry in class.
- We show consideration for our kungfu brothers and sisters good health and do not attend class sick with cold or flu.
- All shall work diligently; however it is important to avoid dangerous overexertion.
- All shall demonstrate proper respect for the training hall itself; participate with others to keep it clean and in good repair.
- Address instructors as Sir or their Title. Titles include such as; Assistant Instructor, Instructor, Professor, Dr. the Chinese ranking terms are:
Laoshi = teacher
Shifu = father/teacher/master
Shiju = grandfather / Grandmaster
Jaoshi = Professor / PhD
Dashi = Head Professor/Head Master / Dr.
- All participants should be in uniform in the classroom area and keep the uniforms in good repair.
- Always keep emotions under control, focus discipline.
- Never use excessive force in sparring and drills. It is important to observe restraint and control one’s techniques so as not to injure a fellow student
- No unauthorized sparring or challenges will be allowed.
- Our rule is to test everything in the light of knowledge and reason. However, all questions should be sincere, respectful and appropriate in time and place.
- Observe the chain of command at all times (rank system).
Cultivate the 7 requirements
1. A Sincere Heart
2. A Persevering Spirit
3. Energetic Effort
4. Hold the Discipline Close To Your Heart
5. Train Focus
6. Respect Self And Others
7. Embrace the Good; Reject the Bad